Abma’s Farm CSA
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture, a cooperative relationship between the farmer and their customers. CSA members pay in advance before the season begins and commit to a “share” of our crop production. Each week of our 18-week season, members pick up their share: a box full of vegetables and fruits picked that very morning. Members experience the diverse picking seasons on the farm; the bounty, success, and uncontrollable work of Mother Nature! All of our homegrown produce is hand picked at the peak of each item’s individual season to ensure the quality and flavor. Receiving a box weekly offers you the experience and variety of living on a farm without the hard work! We grow all of our non-GMO produce from seed using sustainable agriculture methods.
What We’re Picking
Updated November 1, 2019
-Rainbow Swiss Chard
-Cauliflower (White, Purple, Cheddar, Green)
-Yukon Gold Potatoes
-Green Bell Pepper
- – All homegrown produce is grown from non-GMO seed.
- – All homegrown produce is available for purchase in our market. We take immense pride in our homegrown produce and we hope you enjoy!
- – All homegrown produce is picked from our farm for your table, same day!
- – All products are subject to availability. Please note, this list can vary throughout the day and some items may not be available in large quantities.
- – We offer specific pick-you-own events throughout the season. Check out our events for more information!
We seed many vegetable plants in our warm greenhouses during the early spring to give them a head start for the season. Our fields are rich in organic matter because we add natural fertilizers: compost. Once they have matured, our plants are transplanted into this healthy, nutrient-dense soil. A special combination of natural growing techniques help to control weeds, insects, and fungus – allowing us to grow a superior product without the use of chemicals.