Bringing the Classroom to the Fields!
Here at Abma’s Farm, we combine education with fun for an adventure you’ll never forget! We uses a hands-on approach to ensure each child receives the full experience of taking classroom knowledge and applying it to real life.
Groups begin their adventure by gathering at our Outdoor Learning Center, where they exercise their knowledge of farm life- animals, fruits, and vegetables- through our unique self-guided learning stations. The learning stations integrate a visual and recreational style of learning, perfect for children! Once through the stations, children pet and interact with our friendly goats inside our Young Friends Pen.
While boarding the hay wagon, the group leader receives instructions for a visual self-guided scavenger hunt. Groups can search for items on the list, completing as many as possible while staying seated on the wagon. Children explore in a fun and safe way, while witnessing a working farm, identifying plants, learning facts about our foods, and understanding where our food comes from.
When the wagon arrives at the pumpkin patch, children pick their own pumpkin to take home! After the hayride, groups are directed to a tented area to enjoy an Abma’s Farm homemade apple cider donut. This area is near the larger petting zoo, where children can meet and pet the larger animals. Animal crackers are available for an additional cost.
What to know:
- -The cost is $12 per person.
- -For every 10 children, you will get 1 teacher for free.
- -A $100 non-refundable deposit per time slot is required to hold your booking.
- -We accept all major credit cards, check, or cash
- -PO: We require a Letter of Intent from your supervisor or principal guaranteeing your visit. If board approval is not received within 30 days, your booking will be forfeited.
- -Each time slot = A maximum of 75 participants
- -Depending on the size of your class/group, you may be combined with another class/group on the hay wagon.
- -Children and adults MUST wear closed toe shoes without heels and appropriate clothes (there is always dust and dirt present on the farm – hay can be itchy, so bare legs are not advised).
- -The total time of your farm adventure is approximately 90 minutes and is broken into three parts- the Learning Center; the hayride; and the snack (juice and donuts) and petting zoo.
- -Time slots are displayed for every 30 minutes. Please note that our online scheduling system does not allow overlapping time slots, so although your reservation states 30 minutes it is actually 90 minutes. (example: schedule states 10am – 10:30am, your reservation is actually 10am – 11:30am.)
- -Lunch is available by reservation only.
- -It is up to the sole discretion of Abma’s Farm to cancel and reschedule a hayride due to inclement weather. In the case of inclement weather, Abma’s Farm will decide to continue or postpone the hayride on the morning of. Postponed hayrides are eligible for re-booking at any open time or during the rain date week in late October. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Fall Farm Adventures are available every half hour on weekdays; Mon-Wed: 9am-5pm & Thurs-Fri: 9am-3:30pm. Excludes 12pm & 12:30pm time slots.
Please note: A $100 deposit per time slot is required at booking. If you require board approval, we need a PO or a Letter of Intent from your supervisor or principal guaranteeing your visit.
If there are any changes in headcount, please notify us immediately. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, event date and time, and headcount change.
You may make changes in your headcount up to 14 days prior to your hayride. On the day of your hayride, any decrease in headcount greater than 5 participants will result in a service charge. Thank you!